Thursday, April 9, 2009

Weird Times can be Fun

The past two days were weird and I'm left like 'what just happened here?'

Wednesday, was exhausted, but looked foward to this one show...turned out we were listed for another date on the tour (which had already passed) and even with a bunch of texting and calling (reminded me of Kathy Griffin talking about getting in club Hyde)...nothing could be done.

Oh wells. It was off to sleep for another concert-going adventure!

But...one of the musicians texted me with apologies the next day! Get out of town and it wasn't his fault at all. What a cool dude.

Pick up my partener in crime and we headed off for the next venue. Umm...3 hours of traffic. I wanted to kill someone. Figured I would be late for the band I was suppossed to review...

Go up to the door dude and he's like - 'They're up next!'

Really?

Some shitty local, hardcore band is playing. It's already an hour after the show was supposed to start. So, did the band I was to see get bumped up?

No, but their set was like 4 or 5 songs long. Then...two other bands played for like a good 30 mins and then THE HEADLINERS only got like 6 or 7 songs done.

Seriously, someone needs to be yelled at from the venue for screwing over the headlining act and apologize to me b/c I haven't seen them in forever and was looking forward to hearing a good 45min set, not barely 30mins.

Quick show review to follow

Now I have an interview in an hour and a half. This'll be interesting.

No comments: