Tuesday, October 19, 2010

SERIOUSLY! STOP INSULTING US!

I'm not a huge fan of 3OH!3 (especially live), but they're still cool in my book. I caught their new video for "Double Vision" today and LOVED IT!

However.

I am SICK SICK just SICK of advertising in of all places - music videos. I know it's a part of life, but this one company is pissing me off.

First, Lady Gaga's "Telephone" video lingers a bit too long on the security guard searching on a website. The company - plenty of fish dating website.

So here I am, watching this really cleverly done video where you're scrolling down a website and it's really cute how people are seen and move about - seriously, watch it.

BUT! A couple of times, 'plenty of fish.com' is displayed prominently. If I have to see this damn website advertise in videos one more time, I'm going to scream. I had a good friend who met her current beau on that site, but now this site has lost all respect I had for it.

Whatever. I just feels it insults the viewer b/c we're so use to ads in the sidebars of pages and here, we're supposed to just enjoy a visual to a song, but I guess to keep it 'realistic' (though I've never seen a site like that)...they had to ad an advertisement. Thanks.

No comments: