Friday, January 13, 2012

Natalia Fabia Solo Show


I was an Art History major in school. I loved it. I however did not know where to go for a job in that world and because girlfriend of Eugene Delacroix couldn't happen, I decided to do the fashion thing. Being part of the alternative scene, I've seen just about every type of scene queen/alt model photo that's out there.

What first caught my eye of artist Natalia Fabia were the elements of the scenesters in her paintings and basically, I thought they were photographs. Her work is realistic, yet impressionistic and comments on our generation.

Her first solo show, Punk Rock Rainbow Sparkle, is opening tomorrow at the Jonathan LeVine Gallery in NYC and hopefully I'll be able to get in during the opening reception. I'm so excited to be able to see her work in person. I feel the colors will just vibrate off the canvas and be even more beautiful than just viewing her work online and in magazines.

www.NataliaFabia.com
www.jonathanlevinegallery.com

No comments: