Monday, February 13, 2012

Grammy Best

Just my two cents on last night's award show.

I'm not a huge fan of award shows, but I did catch parts of it. Jennifer Hudson just brought me to tears by singing "I Will Always Love You" for the late Whitney Houston. The fashion was meh from everyone, but I loved Dave Grohl wearing a Slayer t-shirt. Nicki Minaj was a fool. Honestly, I'm a fan, but the new song is horrible and the performance was like trying to do Gaga's "Paparazzi" from the VMAs only Nicki failed.


What would have been funny and epic is if he wore a Hole or Coutney Love shirt.

But for the best moment of the evening...I look to deadmau5. I adore him. First, him comes in with Sonny Moore's...I mean Skrillex's phone number on his shirt. You know, Sonny won three Grammys (I still can't get over he's the kid that fell on my sister at a show in Irving Plaza like 5 years ago), but none for deadmau5 - but who actually performed on the aired portion of the show?

The BEST performance of the night and actually best performance at an award show I've seen in some time, came from David Guetta, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Foo Fighters and deadmau5.

Guetta is always perfect and I hadn't heard the Foo Fighters & deadmau5 remix. It sounded AMAZING live! Great job, guys!

No comments: