Monday, December 6, 2010

In This Moment @ Santos Party House



Do I even have to explain how I adore In This Moment?

OK, so I'm behind on listening to their new album, but great sound, meaningful lyrics and a front woman who is girly as anything, but still can kick your ass.

We rushed over to Santos Party House down town somewhere, haha, and according the online set times, were only going to catch like ten minutes of ITM.

Nope! Something went wrong with scheduling and stages, so...my friend (who I dragged to this and probably hated me after) and I walked in an opener, but ITM was next. Interesting old school metal - don't know the opener's name.

It was just this perfect scene: you walk in from the cold hallway and are hit with the smell of weed and alcohol lingering above the packed floor of fans head to toe in black attire. The lights create a haze above the drunk floor and ITM sets up shop with a microphone stand covered in skulls that stands on a raised platform for singer Maria Brink to stand upon.

The sound overall was a bit scratchy to hear, but it was full speed ahead once started with new material at the ready. They pulled out "Forever" and "Beautiful Tragedy" and I was happy. Am really stoked to get the new album - sounds a lot harder than their previous - sucked I couldn't get to the merch stands to pick it up.

I promised my friend to leave early, but next thing, there were two songs left and I said, let's hear what the last will be. Well, it was 'THE' song I wanted to hear and we stayed. "Daddy's Falling Angel"

No comments: