Friday, June 21, 2013

Bday Blog #2

Oops! Totally forgot to write a 'Blog a Day,' so trying to make up for it.


So June 20th marked a month till my birthday and wanted to do something to kick things off. Unfortunately, I had no ideas. Originally I had wanted to go to the monthly SFX Party on Wednesday, but couldn't make it. But Thursday afternoon, I get a message from Mika of Sugar & Spikes Casting...there's a premiere party for Kayvon Zand's new music video for "One Way Flight." Dude.

Our first stop of the evening was to The Studio at Webster Hall for a performance by Cilver (formerly known as Me Talk Pretty). After getting my bag search and frisked like a common criminal though...the night got instantly better once inside. Mika made the rounds saying hi to old friends and later made new ones, forming a 'red & black hair' brigade.

Cilver's set was shorter than expected, but incredible! New favorite band? I say you bet.



Then over to Marquee we went - my first time here. Last time I tried going, me and the awesome Nikki had a guest list mix-up and then doorman threw a hissy fit, but luckily this night he was replaced by a fabulous boy in a gold dress and gaudy jewelry.

Inside Marquee is smaller than I had thought, but really chic and chill with pretty lights and a huge disco ball that moved up and down from the ceiling. Fabulous dancers dressed for every occasion and time period were visual wonderments until the premiere of the video, which is amazing, but would you expect otherwise?

Fun part of the night - Kayla of Vengeance Designs was there and this lady is awesome! She provided wardrobe for the video and even dressed a 'twin' for the night. Plus, I'm pretty sure our drinks were from the video's director and legendary photographer Mike Ruiz's table. How's that for a birthday kick-off?

No comments: