Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I DIE!!!!

earlier today, Alexander McQueen was doing a live stream of his fashion show for the Spring/Summer 2010 line. UNFORTUNATELY...i guess so many people wanted in that I couldn't see it live.

I just did.

I've cried before at his shows that you can find online.

So I was stoked for this one. But, I wasn't as overwhelmed as I thought I would be. Still really amazing though.

It was on Showstudio and the McQueen website. Check it out.

All I have to say is...the answer to metallic (which i'm sick of)...IRIDESCENT!!!

No photos I can readily find online. So check out the last look. I'm drooling.

Oh! Here's my little take on the collection -
Titled "Plato's Atlantis" for the S/S 2010 woman's wear

If you remembered the title and read a few reviews, you knew it was like this future island and you went through all the inhabitants with a big brother type eye on the people.

I definitely got the 'here are the animals/natives' then the 'people who worked at like the lab/quarentined area' then the 'people in charge a little on the military side' and wrapped up with 'alien visitors'

The shoes for the beginning - holy shit. they were like the ballet toe fetish heeled shoes in their shape (especially from the side and back) but were platforms. Check it. It's funny - focus also on the models' facial expressions, you can see the stress of 'don't fall don't fall don't fall.' Poor girls (but that's why they get paid beacoup bucks)

No comments: